Saturday, April 2, 2022

Final Review

     Over the 9 weeks I worked on this project, my ideas have changed a lot. I started off thinking about an action genre film opening with transitions between live-action, stop motion, and even animation. After taking a second thought about it, I realized that the stop motion and animation alone would take way too much time for it to look good. I bit off a little more than I could chew so I decided to change my story. I wanted to use cars and fast-paced shots but I realized that it's a lot harder to tell a whole story in a 2-minute action film than I could in a drama film. Rather than just going with a typical drama film about a happy-ending love story, I thought it would be more interesting to take a twist on it and give it a more negative vibe. 

    After researching the drama genre and its sub-genres, I felt that psychological drama was the perfect genre for my film. I knew that I would be the one acting in my film so I wanted to step out of my comfort zone a little bit. I have never been a huge fan of expressing and showing any kind of sad or depressing feelings, so filming myself while doing it was definitely something I wasn't used to. While I knew my acting was going to be a little lacking, I thought it was worth trying. 

    In terms of my actual work, I regret how I managed my time and wish I would have given myself a true schedule that I followed strictly. I fell behind a bit on time and had to rush a little bit. I still have 2 days before I upload my film and I'm fairly happy with it. I need to add some music and change up some coloring and I think I'll be satisfied. Overall, I'm not too disappointed with how my project turned out, and I might begin to really like it. I could definitely tell a difference in my work from when the year first started to where I'm at now. I'm not upset with the work I did, if I could have done a few things differently I would have, but in the end, I'm happy with my project,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Episode Final Submission - Marshall Hunt

 After 9 weeks, I have finally finished my film opening. Here is my 2-minute film opening for Episode https://drive.google.com/file/d/162QZ-...