Thursday, February 24, 2022

Shooting Schedule

     I don't imagine that my film could take that long to shoot, but I know that I will have limited time with each shooting session. A fair amount of my project is going to be shot in the dark at my house which should make my life a little easier. I won't need to get any kind of permission or approvals and still have a pretty nice place to film. I think I also want to incorporate rain in one way or another. In my head, I imagine most of the night shots to have rain, and in a perfect world, maybe even thunder or lightning. The only downside to this vision is that unfortunately, I don't know how to control the weather. Realistically, I don't know how likely it is to thunderstorm at night, and if it does, what are the odds I'll be ready to film with everything I need. If I cant put rain or lightning in the video, I'm sure I can find a way to use it in the audio. Quite honestly, all I need to do now is wait for it to rain or thunderstorm, go outside, take a few audio recordings, and possibly some usable shots to add. Google says that there should be no rain at all in the coming week, so I guess that gives me time to film other shots. In the meantime, I can use websites like https://www.radar-live.com/p/thunderstorm.html to help me track weather to hopefully plan out my shooting times

        However, not every single shot needs to be at night in the rain. I want to have a bunch of shots inside my room while I try to capture the emotions my character goes through. I had planned for part of my film to show the guy character go through some kind of panic attack/rage/depression, and I definitely have no acting skills...like at all, so I wanted to include some very quick cuts between shots so that my horrendous acting wouldn't be noticed. Because my character is going through that emotional breakdown, I think I want to wait for my family to be far away from the house when I film so they don't think I'm going insane. My dad is going to the NFL combine next week (only mentioning because I'm jealous) so that should give me the loneliness I need to embarrass myself in front of my camera. So most shots of me in my room should be at least started next week and then I just have to wait for the rain. I'm pretty thankful I don't have to drive 100 miles to get the shot I pictured because it makes my shooting schedule much more reasonable.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Episode Final Submission - Marshall Hunt

 After 9 weeks, I have finally finished my film opening. Here is my 2-minute film opening for Episode https://drive.google.com/file/d/162QZ-...