Sunday, March 27, 2022

Color

 I'm trying to think of other ways to add more detail and meaning to my film. I wanted to use color in my film to build on the detail and emotion of my opening. I wanted to look up what certain colors meant in film and how they should be used. This website showed a bunch of examples and guides of the meanings of each color. I wanted to switch between some colors to show a change in emotion throughout the course of the film. 


I really wanted to use the color red in my film because it includes all meanings and ideas that my film is supposed to represent. The love the character feels, or the lack of it. He feels angry which could easily turn into violence. This violence could give my character a sense of power that he may try to take advantage of until it hurts him instead.


In addition to red, I wanted to incorporate some blue colors in my film. Some kind of space blue color can give the idea of isolation that the character lives through. It gives the idea of loneliness and a cold dark feeling. I have LED lights so I was thinking I could use those somehow, or possibly use the clothes to help use color.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Episode Final Submission - Marshall Hunt

 After 9 weeks, I have finally finished my film opening. Here is my 2-minute film opening for Episode https://drive.google.com/file/d/162QZ-...