Saturday, March 26, 2022

Acting

 My plot sounded really good to me and I liked my plot until I realized that I'm the one that has to act it out. Every time I have done some kind of film for my classes, I've been the cameraman or editor. I have no experience or idea of how I'm supposed to act. I chose to do a psych thriller, which includes a ton of emotional scenes, which is going to be a pain to try to act. I'm not the most outgoing and extroverted person in the world, so I'm sure acting is going to be a little outside of my comfort zone, but I'll get over it. I tried to look up a couple ideas to help me with my acting because I need to include a lot of emotion and feelings in my film, which really isn't my specialty. I found this website which gave some very basic, yet pretty helpful tips.


Although my film opening is supposed to capture the emotions of my character, I need to try not to force it too much. I'm not always the most emotional person, but I feel like I can make it work. I need to be sure to not make it look so forced and make it more natural so it doesn't look weird. I want everything to flow well so I need the acting to look a little more smooth and well flowing. Instead of my facial expressions, I want to use my mannerisms to capture my emotions. I used one or two close-ups of my face to show my facial expressions, but the rest should show my body as a portrayal of my emotions. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Episode Final Submission - Marshall Hunt

 After 9 weeks, I have finally finished my film opening. Here is my 2-minute film opening for Episode https://drive.google.com/file/d/162QZ-...