Friday, March 25, 2022

Fonts

 I honestly had no idea what kind of fonts I should use for my film. I hadn't thought too much about what the font of the credits and title should look like. Due to the fact that I have very little experience with credit and title fonts and I didn't know what I wanted, I decided to research it a bit. This website gave me some information about what I should look for when using fonts. One of the biggest notes I took from this website is how important details are. Although it's a very small detail, a choice of font can either fit very well or completely throw off the whole opening.








If a dark and serious movie like The Batman used a cartoony and funny-looking font like the one from Family Guy it would look very strange. I wanted to choose a pretty bold yet sharp-edged font to make it look cleaner and more serious.


I found this font on the website and I really liked it. It's bold but everything is even and sharp-edged. it looks very clean and proper to avoid the funny-looking bubble letter idea. This shows that the story isn't funny and some kind of comedic story, it's more serious and clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Episode Final Submission - Marshall Hunt

 After 9 weeks, I have finally finished my film opening. Here is my 2-minute film opening for Episode https://drive.google.com/file/d/162QZ-...