Sunday, March 20, 2022

Finding A Title

I wasn't really sure where to start when trying to discover a title for my film so I found a website that gave me some extra tips. One of the main things I focused on is first impressions. When someone first sees or hears about my film, they will be introduced to the title before anything else. Using a good title is key to building a strong first impression to give the reader a general idea about what the film is about. I didn't want to overcomplicate the title so that it could be easily remembered and identified. A title like "The Woman In The House Across The Street From The Girl In The Window" (which is a real title) is way too complicated. It's incredibly likely that viewers and potential viewers could easily forget or confuse the title. 


I also wanted to make sure that my title was relevant to my plot and made sense with my story. I wanted to use a one-word title that reflected mental health issues like Bipolar Disorder. My first idea was "Manic", which I really liked, but that's been used. So was "shifts", "masked", and "facade". I came up with "Episode" because it's fairly simple while still reflecting my story. 


The word "episode" can be used as terminology for an illness, so I felt that this reflected the idea of mental health very well. Something that comes and goes and can completely change a person's feelings for any random amount of time. Nothing is finalized, but I think this is a top option for me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Episode Final Submission - Marshall Hunt

 After 9 weeks, I have finally finished my film opening. Here is my 2-minute film opening for Episode https://drive.google.com/file/d/162QZ-...