Sunday, February 13, 2022

Intro to Portfolio 2/13/22

 As I begin my portfolio project, there is a lot that I need to think about and consider. Time is the main thing that I need to be considerate of when planning out my project. First, I need to brainstorm what I want to do for my project, which ended up being much harder than I anticipated. I think I want to work with a team of maybe 1 or 2 other members. I really want to have 1 other partner to help me with brainstorming and completing the project. I think I would rather have only 1 other partner because I think that 2 brains are better than one, but I also agree with the idea that "3 is a crowd". 

    I think my first goal is to think of an idea, create it on a storyboard, and then start to plan from there. I want to storyboard first with just ideas of certain scenes, then add different shots and angles to each scene. I want to take more time planning out my idea and I need to genuinely love it before I start thinking about the different shots I want to use. 

    I really want to find some kind of unique feature that I can use in my project to set myself apart from others. I started thinking about how I can use cool editing techniques to make my project interesting. I think that color is one thing I can use to make my project intriguing. Bright lights and vibrant colors could definitely give my project that extra touch I'm looking for. 

I need to find a partner to work with that is creative and has good ideas about what to film because that's where I struggle a lot. I know how to film shots really well, know what shots to use, I can use good camera movement, I know how to use sound, I have pretty good editing knowledge, but sometimes it's hard to think of an idea for how I want my project to look. I don't know exactly what I want to do, but I think I want to do some kind of action short film. I know it's a very cliche for the high school boy to love football, but I think making a film about football could be really interesting. I have a while to go, but I really want to at least think about what idea I could use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Episode Final Submission - Marshall Hunt

 After 9 weeks, I have finally finished my film opening. Here is my 2-minute film opening for Episode https://drive.google.com/file/d/162QZ-...