Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Genre

 Genre

I think as of now, I want to do something in the action drama. I think a fast-paced and adrenaline-rushing film opening is my best bet. I haven't thought too deep into it quite yet. I was thinking maybe something with cars, some kind of sport, maybe some kind of weight lifting thing, I'm not sure. I know it sounds very typical for the high school boy to want to make an action film about weight lifting but I think it could turn out really cool. I've grown up watching the action genre so I know a fair amount about how it should look. I want to do something that's fast-paced with a bunch of shots in a short time period for my film opening because I think that is the most exciting.

While it is very possible to tell a whole story in just 2 minutes, the point of the film opening is to introduce the new hypothetical show and I want to grab the audience's attention. I'm trying to put myself in the audience's perspective because if I started a random show and immediately, there were loud noises, fast cars, and quick cuts, I'd be pretty interested. Maybe it's my Gen Z attention span or just my masculine stereotypes talking, but I think that an action film opening could be quite successful. I have access to cars, weights, footballs, basketballs, and a bunch of other testosterone-filled activities, so I think that action is my best bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Episode Final Submission - Marshall Hunt

 After 9 weeks, I have finally finished my film opening. Here is my 2-minute film opening for Episode https://drive.google.com/file/d/162QZ-...