Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Music Marketing Project Reflection

    To follow up on our Music Marketing Project, we finished a couple days before the due date and we ended up managing our time very well. I feel that we did well in some areas, but we definitely could have improved in many areas. Our research was pretty good and I felt like we all knew a lot about or genre and its market. We researched a lot about the effect of social media on the genre and how helpful it can be to utilize social media. I think we should have been a little more specific about what social media to use and how to use it. We should have stuck with one or two platforms to start off with and focus all our effort on that rather than trying to use 5-6 different platforms. 

    We had a little trouble with our ideas and because of this, our video wasn't the best it could have been. We had all of our stuff planned out pretty well and gave ourselves sufficient time to complete everything without rushing last second. We should have spent more time brainstorming ideas to be more unique than others. I'm not saying any of our ideas were bad, but I know that there was definitely more we could have done. We struggled coming up with unique ideas to set our artist apart and I feel like we just tried to follow a rubric rather than thinking for ourselves and creating a more interesting and unique artist with better and more efficient marketing strategies.

    Our music video was very average. Honestly, our story for our music video was very simple and definitely needed more to it. The shots were very basic, we didn't use many editing techniques, the story was pretty boring, and I feel like we just tried to rush it and get over it rather than spending time trying to perfect it. There was nothing fun or unique about our video and honestly, it just seemed pretty boring. We tried to split up our project which definitely was not the right idea. One team member worked on getting some shots at home, I edited the project, and one team member perfected the Powerpoint. We all should have contributed more ideas and effort to our filming so that we could have had a more unique and exciting video. We all contributed to the presentation, but some members prioritized the presentation, some prioritized filming, and some did editing, so everyone was just on separate pages. 

    I edited the project and I'm not incredibly proud of it. Many of the shots were accidentally filmed vertically so I had to wait for them to be reshot before I could edit it. I didn't use any special kinds of editing techniques or effects besides some simple transitions, slowing some stuff down, and changing color a little bit. We didn't have a crazy interesting idea so I didn't really have much to edit. I would have loved to do more with the editing because I really enjoy editing projects, especially with Adobe Premiere so I'm pretty disappointed in our outcome. We should have added more excitement to our project and I definitely regret not spending more time thinking about ideas for it.

    Our presentation was pretty good. I felt that we were a little bit shy, but that's to be expected. We didn't freeze up too much and we all had pretty good knowledge about who says what and when they say it. We just seemed a little uncomfortable speaking on stage and so our information wasn't presented to it's full potential. Presentation itself looked nice with good colors and graphics.

    Overall, I feel like we could have done more. A lot of our project was very broad and I wish we went further into detail. It was nice to be able to see where we can improve on and get influence from other projects to help me in the future. We needed better and more creative ideas. I need to learn how to find a unique and interesting factor and use it. We struggled a lot with brainstorming ideas for our video and parts of our presentation. I wish it was more interesting and exciting to actually intrigue the audience, rather than just getting it over with for a simple grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Episode Final Submission - Marshall Hunt

 After 9 weeks, I have finally finished my film opening. Here is my 2-minute film opening for Episode https://drive.google.com/file/d/162QZ-...