Friday, February 18, 2022

Plot Brainstorming

 I still don't have a plan for what I want my project to be on. I know I probably want to do something with action, but I kind of want to add an emotional aspect to it. I kind of want to involve a more depressing and dark element in the story. I really don't know how well these 2 elements will mix, or if they'll mix at all, but that's kind of where my head is going. I was thinking about using rain to kind of build that depressing element. This could be a challenge because unfortunately, I don't have the ability to control whether yet. I have like some very faint ideas that I don't know how well they will work but I'll try to draw it out real quick.

So... I want to start off with a low-angle shot of my house in the rain at night, kind of like an establishing shot to build a set for the story. It's a low angle in the rain from the gutter where the rain is constantly flowing into the drain which definitely builds that depressing aspect. It would then cut to me laying bed with a blank stare at the ceiling. Probably wearing darker colors to again add to that sad element. Then there would be some shots of me going into a car, and driving in the rain. I may want to include a sort of love interest possibly, and luckily I have a girlfriend who would be more than happy to act if I buy her a dinner or something. I was thinking that these two characters could have 2 different lifestyles. The guy would be sad and kind of numb to everything, and the girl would be all happy, sunshine, and rainbows. 

So the guy is driving in the rain with his sad music, and whatever shots I take of the guy driving in the rain, I duplicate with the girl driving in sunny weather. The girl is happy and talks to all of her friends, but the guy is pretty alone and is pretty depressed. I am straying away from the action idea, but I would still like to use car shots to help my film. My mom's car is pretty loud and fast so I could use that. Quick shots of the car driving by, followed by some loud car noises can kind of build the idea that there is an internal rage that comes from the sadness. In Euphoria, there's a scene where the guy, Nate, is driving at night really fast and he's drinking and it gives the audience the idea that he's hurt and in a bad state of mind. I would like to use that as a kind of inspiration, but I obviously wouldn't include the drinking and driving part for clear reasons. I want my character's feelings to go from numb and empty, to depressed and sad, to a rageful feeling, and then maybe a sense of realization.

I think I want the guy to be driving to the girl's house at night and maybe at the end, it could be an over-the-shoulder shot of him looking at her in the window as the focus of the camera changes to her all happy and smiling. Maybe it could tell the story of ex-lovers who are handling it very differently which could open to an incredible film that would later progress. I think this idea is very possible and I kind of like how it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Episode Final Submission - Marshall Hunt

 After 9 weeks, I have finally finished my film opening. Here is my 2-minute film opening for Episode https://drive.google.com/file/d/162QZ-...