Saturday, March 12, 2022

How To Film a Psychological Thriller

 Previously, I did research on the plot of a psychological thriller and what the story should include, but I also wanted to research what kind of shots, angles, and editing techniques I can use to benefit my film. I found this website which included a lot of tips with plenty of examples to help me choose my shots. So far, I have put together a general idea of how my story will progress, but I haven't thought too deep into what shots I should use to capture each scene. One of the main tips I noticed on the website was to use a lot of close-ups and extreme close-ups. This tip was recommended to me by both the website and my teacher. 


Since I learned about the impact of close-ups in a psych thriller, I have started to draw them out on my storyboard. I want to use this to build a lot of drama and intensity in my shots to make them more emotional and detailed. A close-up can encapsulate a sense of emotion or drama better than any other shot so I really want to utilize this. 

In regards to angles, I think high angles can be used the most in my film. I want my character to be portrayed as an almost powerless and weaker character who is battling a fight he isn't winning. High angles can help make my character look inferior to his conflict. I have already added a few high-angle shots in my storyboarding and I plan on adding a couple more where I see it could fit. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Episode Final Submission - Marshall Hunt

 After 9 weeks, I have finally finished my film opening. Here is my 2-minute film opening for Episode https://drive.google.com/file/d/162QZ-...