Thursday, March 10, 2022

storyboarding ideas

 So I have storyboarded up until the main part where my character is in his room. The goal of my next scene is to encapsulate a mental breakdown of a teenage boy. I need to make sure this scene doesn't look too "montage-y". To avoid this, I need to make sure there are clear transitions between the character's actions. The cut between the character and the flashbacks also needs to be quick yet clear to avoid it looking like a montage. I think I'll have my character do 3 different actions that kind of show his whole breakdown. A typical rage-filled teenage boy loves to punch walls and throw stuff and act like a toddler throwing a tantrum, so that's how I will shoot it. 

I want this scene to show my character freaking out and doing stuff until he exhausts himself, mentally and physically. I want him to go from 100% energy freaking out until he just exhausts himself and just kind of hits that realization period and just lays down and stares blankly. It's hard to write it out, and even harder to draw it, but this gives me a general idea of how I think this scene could look. I need to make some stuff speed up a bit because my film is beginning to look a little long so I might cut some stuff out. My goal is to film everything and then cut out what I need because I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Episode Final Submission - Marshall Hunt

 After 9 weeks, I have finally finished my film opening. Here is my 2-minute film opening for Episode https://drive.google.com/file/d/162QZ-...