Monday, February 28, 2022

Costume

 I don't plan on doing anything fancy with my characters. Although the film is mainly focused on the guy, the girl character still appears a few times. Costume design is one way to help me show a character's feelings or emotions. The website https://filmschoolrejects.com/clothes-make-character-impact-costume-design/ has a brief article and a short video to help show how clothing can have an impact on a character. Costume design can be used to show a time period, a social class, a place, a feeling, and so much more. In this case, my story takes place in the same time period, 2022, so clothing isn't too crazy. I wanted to use color and style as a way of expressing my character's feelings. I wanted my characters to have feelings that oppose each other and I think that the clothes they wear can really help show the difference in each character's feelings.



For the guy, I wanted him to be shown as a more dark and depressing person, so I wanted to have him wear darker colors. Usually, when someone is feeling depressed or just isn't in the right state of mind, they want to wear comfortable, baggy, and dark clothes. I plan on having my male character wear black or grey sweatpants and a black or gray crewneck. However, in the flashbacks, I want both, the male and female characters to be wearing lighter clothes like short sleeve shirts and shorts with more vibrant and exciting colors like white and blue. I'm not gonna get fancy at all with the clothing because no depressed or sad person gets too creative or fancy with clothes they choose to wear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Episode Final Submission - Marshall Hunt

 After 9 weeks, I have finally finished my film opening. Here is my 2-minute film opening for Episode https://drive.google.com/file/d/162QZ-...