Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Sound

 As I begin to finish my second storyboarding sheet, I started thinking about what kind of sound I wanted to include in my film opening. I'm pretty sure I want to use rain sounds when outside, and maybe some faded and muffled rain sounds even when the character is inside the house. I also wanted to play music really loud when I drive the car in the beginning so the camera can pick up some bass sounds and faint music without actually using any clear songs. The Los Angeles Film School is a website that talks all about how sound can affect a film. In one art of article, they mention that there are three types of sound in films.


I don't think I will be using any music in my film, if I do, it will be without any kind of lyrics and will just be some sad musical notes. I definitely want to include some kind of sound effects, primarily the use of rain, but maybe some small and quick sounds when transitioning from flashbacks to the character's normal time. I didn't plan on adding any type of dialogue in the film but if I did, it would probably be some kind of yelling or discomfort. I had an idea of a scene where the character was trying to yell, likely a curse word, that would be abruptly cut off by another flashback. I haven't thought too deeply into what kind of sound I want to add, or possibly take out of my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Episode Final Submission - Marshall Hunt

 After 9 weeks, I have finally finished my film opening. Here is my 2-minute film opening for Episode https://drive.google.com/file/d/162QZ-...